Pukerua Glass Studio Ltd was established in 1987 by German glass artist Olaf Wehr-Candler.
Pukerua Glass Studio designs and manufactures quality architectural art glass, sells leadlight supplies and undertakes restoration, conservation and repairs of historic stained glass.
Pukerua Glass Studio Ltd is endorsed by Heritage New Zealand (formerly Historic Places Trust) and is an associate member of NZCCM (New Zealand Conservators of Cultural Materials).
Among the many high profile projects Olaf and team have worked on are:
- Old St Paul’s, Wellington
- St James Theatre, Wellington
- Mother Aubert Chapel, Wellington
- Whanganui War Memorial window, Whanganui
- St Cuthberts Chapel windows, Auckland
- Our Lady of Kāpiti window, Paraparaumu
- The Masters Lodge, Napier
- Auckland Town Hall, Auckland
- Government House, Wellington
- St Mary's Church, Upokongaro
- Whanganui Collegiate, Whanganui
- Cathedral of St Paul, Wellington
- Sacred Heart Cathedral, Wellington
Equally rewarding are the numerous private residence commissions that Pukerua Glass Studio has undertaken across New Zealand. For these, Olaf offers a complete service from initial consultation, to design, to installation. His network of specialists in associated trades can be called upon if required.
Pukerua Glass Studio imports coloured glass and other leadlighting supplies which are available both for wholesale and retail sale.
We minimise waste in our online store by reusing and recycling packaging materials.